Some of these products go back 15 years, so not everything is
expected to work out of the box. Let me know if you have problems.
- dnsdist - a highly DNS-, DoS- and abuse-aware loadbalancer. Its goal in life is to route traffic to the best server, delivering top performance to legitimate users while shunting or blocking abusive traffic.
- Weakforced - The goal of 'wforced' is to detect brute forcing of passwords across many servers, services and instances, all with flexible policies to support the real world.
- Setgrouper - Of n files, list which lines are part exactly of which n files or not
- Antonie - an integrated, robust, reliable and fast processor of DNA reads
- Splitpipe, a tool to spread the
output of, say, tar over multiple volumes (DVDs, CDs, hard disks etc).
- Tool to display your logical volumes (unmaintained)
- Tool to display 'cachedness' of files: cinfo.
FreeBSD, recent OpenBSD, Linux, Solaris
- The Wonder Shaper for lag-less
uploading & downloading over ADSL/Cablemodem
- MTasker, very simple cooperative multitasking in C++
for people, like me, who are not smart enough for state machines
- vmloader, tool to load a virtual memory system in
various ways and report stats. Unmaintained, but might be useful
Programs that perform specific measurements and are not meant for
Scan - performs random samplings of the announced internet,
determines which percentage is a DNS server